Places to visit | Manor Farm Cottage
- 9 hole golf course at Bagden Hall (pay and play).
- Local farmers markets.
- Course fishing at Gunthwaite Park Fishery and Nether Mill coarse fishing at Penistone.
- Penistone Paramount – shows the latest films and has live events including many organ performances.
- Trans Pennine Trail – great for walking and cycling.
- Holmfirth – famous for the television series ‘Last of the Summer Wine’.
- The George pub – our local pub, one minute walk away offering a great selection of locally produced cask ales.
Stately homes and gardens
- Chatsworth House – home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire in the Derbyshire Peak District.
- Hadden Hall – Medieval Manor House, English Stately Home and Country House with beautiful gardens in Bakewell, Derbyshire.
- Wentworth Castle – a stately home and estate near Barnsley with A historic Grade 1 listed garden, dating from the 18th century.
Great days out for the family
- Haworth – old hilltop town home of the famous Brontё Sisters.
- Harewood House – 18th century country house and gardens with a renowned bird garden.
- Cannon Hall – country park with farm.
- York – historic city, known for its Minster, the Jorvik Viking centre and York dungeons.
- Eureka – an exciting hands on museum in Halifax.
- National Coal Mining Museum – take a trip down one of the oldest working mines in England.
- Kirklees light railway – enjoy a scenic journey through the beautiful South Pennine countryside.
- Yorkshire Scupture Park – An International centre for modern and contemporary art including works by Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth.
- Yummy Yorkshire ice cream parlour – known for its award winning ice cream flavours and restaraunt.
- Pot house hamlet – offers many attractions including the Potting Shed Bistro.
Places to shop